Saturday, June 12, 2010

Oh summer..

I have to admit, this summer is NOT off to a good start. I will give it some time to redeem itself. But we have had a few good highlights so far! We went to San Diego for our anniversary! We decided to take the scenic route and take the 74 Palms to Pines Hwy. For those who haven't driven it before, it is crazy! It is so windy the entire way up. Worse than the canyon going up to northern Arizona. We stopped part of the way up... this was the view.

Not to mention it was a touch windy.... wouldn't you agree?

Blaine drove... thank goodness.

The clouds were absolutely gorgeous on the way up.

Wouldn't you agree?

We stayed with my family for a night and got to see my cousins! It's sad when your yonger cousins are bigger than you... and can carry you around their drive way. Hmph..
And... we went to the San Diego Zoo! It's by far the coolest zoo I have ever been to. Maybe I'm biased because I've been going there since I was 3. Check out the shots we got...
Aww...
I love this picture. It turned out amazing.

Monkey see...

Mokey do...



Our new camera...

...is bomb!!
This little guy was crawling around on a tree and thought he was too cool not to get a pic of.

And this guy kept staring at us. Hungry maybe?

The zoo was amazing. Our hotel was pretty sweet... except for the vallet parking they forgot to tell us about. Yeah...
We also went to the San Diego temple! It was gorgeous inside. Too bad it was covered in scaffolding. It was still amazing.
We also went to the Scripps Aquarium at UCSD. It was way fun! Before moving to Arizona, my plan was to go UCSD and study Marine Biology... I guess you could say things changed a little.

We also went to the beach! How could you not when you're in San Diego?

Check out the new friends I made. Aren't they cute? They were waiting to come onto the beach, but there were too many people on the beach checking them out. Sorry guys.

The next weekend was John's 60th birthday party... we were the designated photographers. (I promise it's just a bad angle of my face, my chin looks huge).
The amazing woman who put together the fab party... my Mom :-]

I had fun taking pics of old folks and these...

That's been our summer so far. I'll spare you the not so good details. I do have one exciting thing to look forward to though... MY BROTHER IS COMING HOME IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS!! I CAN'T WAIT!! :-]

2 comments:

  1. wow it looks like you had a ton of fun! happy anniversary! I love how your hotel room was decorated! You look so cute in all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times. Happy for ya. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete